In The Beginning

It is funny that I see my future writing essays. At school I was never so good with words. Age 11, the mere thought of an essay sent me in to a paroxysm of anxiety. Once I started writing, words might flow... but how difficult it felt to put the first word on paper! 

Today, I still have the same difficulty with starting things. What is the main task to be done in a day; where should I start? I find one very useful piece of advise is to write down one word. This reminds me of the beginning of St John's gospel: "In the beginning was the Word...". Why not start every day with a word? And what a beautiful and profound piece of writing this is!

1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 The same was in the beginning with God. 3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made. 4 In him was life; and the life was the light of men. 5 And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.